qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Call for mentors for Outreachy 2017 May-August

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Call for mentors for Outreachy 2017 May-August
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:55:41 +0000

QEMU will participate in Outreachy 2017 May-August.  Outreachy is a
12-week paid internship aimed at increasing participation of
underrepresented groups in open source.  It was started as a reaction
to the low number of women in open source.

See https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/ for details on Outreachy.

Active QEMU and KVM contributors are invited to become mentors and add
project ideas to the wiki:
http://qemu-project.org/Outreachy_2017_MayAugust

Mentoring an intern takes about 5 hours/week, including reviewing
code, answering questions, and a weekly IRC meeting with the intern.
It's rewarding to help someone enthusiastic about open source
contributions.

Mentors and project ideas are shared across Google Summer of Code and
Outreachy.  Mentors don't need to choose between the two and we follow
a similar process for both internship programs.

More background on how QEMU does open source internships:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVCX7YMUL8

Please let me know if you have questions.

Stefan