qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Crashing in tcp_close

From: Brian Candler
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Crashing in tcp_close
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 17:31:50 +0000

On 07/11/2016 20:52, Brian Candler wrote:
So either this means that using tap networking instead of user networking is fixing all the problems; or it is some other option which is different. Really I now need to run qemu with exactly the same settings as before, except with tap instead of user networking.

I hacked something together to run qemu directly with the right flags for tap networking.

packer.io now connects via ssh to the IP address which the DHCP server gives out for that MAC address, and runs the same provisioning code as before (actually a whole load of ansible scripts)

I ran it three times successfully from start to end, with no crashes. Hence it does appear likely then that the crashes are something to do with the user networking.

Regards,

Brian.

#!/bin/sh -e
cp output-qemu-ubuntu-base/ubuntu-base.qcow2 output-null-vtp-nmm/vtp-nmm.qcow2

TAP=tap0
sudo tunctl -d tap0
sudo tunctl -u $(whoami)
sudo brctl addif br-lan $TAP
sudo ip link set dev $TAP up

echo "Starting kvm..."
/usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
 -machine type=pc,accel=kvm \
 -device virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsi0 \
 -device scsi-hd,bus=scsi0.0,drive=drive0 \
 -device virtio-net,netdev=network0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:cc:c1:62 \
 -vnc [::]:24 \
 -name vtp-nmm.qcow2 \
 -boot c \
 -netdev tap,id=network0,ifname=$TAP,script=no,downscript=no \
-drive if=none,file=output-null-vtp-nmm/vtp-nmm.qcow2,id=drive0,cache=writeback,discard=unmap,format=qcow2 \
 -m 4G
# waiting for exit

sudo tunctl -d tap0