qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] is there a way to optimize vhost of virtio-net

From: Jason Wang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] is there a way to optimize vhost of virtio-net
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:55:42 +0800

On 2016年10月17日 18:39, yue wrote:
hi, jasowang:
      according to my test , the vm's network performance is just 20% of
physical ethernet, the thread of vhost  easily eat up 100% cpu when under
pressure.

What's you configuration (e.g qemu cli, host and guest kernel versions and network setups). And how do you measure the performance?

when using multi queue(two queues) the performance goes up by 50%, but it uses
more threads.
if we can come to a conclusion that vhost is bottomneck?  or do you have any
idea to improve , first we do not need to care how  violent  the idea   is.

We notice the small packet TCP stream performance was bad in the past, but not sure it was your case.

thanks