qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] help!

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] help!
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:44:56 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

>  Hello,recently I study  qemu source code ,and I have some questions ,can you
> help me ?
>
>> 1、what is the meaning of queues in structure NICConf ? I think it is the
>> number of queues to a NIC,and I do not where it is.

NICConf captures some configuration information common to NIC devices.
NIC device models typically embed it in their state struct, and use
DEFINE_NIC_PROPERTIES() to declare the common qdev properties.  For
example, e1000.c has E1000State member NICConf conf, and uses
DEFINE_NIC_PROPERTIES() in the initializer for its static array of qdev
properties e1000_properties[].  This array gets passed to the qdev core,
where it makes -device e1000,mac=... and so forth work.

>> 2、In NICConf init Function,I do not found it initulize the queues of
>> NICConf,relative code is
>>
>> #define DEFINE_NIC_PROPERTIES(_state, _conf)                            \
>>     DEFINE_PROP_MACADDR("mac",   _state, _conf.macaddr),                \
>>     DEFINE_PROP_VLAN("vlan",     _state, _conf.peers),                   \
>>     DEFINE_PROP_NETDEV("netdev", _state, _conf.peers),                   \
>>     DEFINE_PROP_INT32("bootindex", _state, _conf.bootindex, -1)

See above.

>> 3、when new a NIC,I found conf->peers.ncs is a pointer which point a
>> NetClientState array,I want to know what the array stand for?hub ports?

Queues.  Easy enough to see: qemu_new_nic() uses this array in a
counting loop running from 0 to queues - 1.

Note that NICPeers member ncs is an array of pointer to NetClientState,
not a pointer to array of NetClientState.