qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU-guestOS latencies.

From: Nir Levy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU-guestOS latencies.
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 11:45:54 +0000

Hi stephan,

Thanks for getting back to me,
as for the mlock, we have tried it here and apparently mlock cause our system
to freeze for some reason,
using linux tools and ram allocation we have verified no swaps are occurring.
still we have delays that cause our system to lose track.
my goal as I have mentioned before is to clear/blame QEMU from/of the delays.

I am continuing to learn your simple trace.
I have used it and seen how it is working.
the get_clock is saved as 8 octets but is converted via
./scripts/simpletrace.py to delta_ns = timestamp - self.last_timestamp
which result with illogical diff (negative to very large in a split file within
few seconds)
it is worth mentioning I am tracing all possible events and maybe it what cause
problems.

Thanks again.
Nir.