[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 0/6] migration: ensure hotplug and migration
[Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 0/6] migration: ensure hotplug and migration work together
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 09:59:58 -0700
The previous patches seem to get buried deep somewhere. I am resending them
without RFC tag. Comments are welcome.
v4: - Introduce a way to set customized instance_id in SaveStateEntry. Use it
to set instance_id for DRC using its unique index to address David
- Rename VMS_CSTM to VMS_LINKED based on Paolo Bonzini's suggestions.
- Clean up qjson stuff in put_qtailq.
- Add trace for put_qtailq and get_qtailq based on David Gilbert's
It is based on David's ppc-for-2.7. Comments are welcome. Previous versions are:
v3: - Simplify overall design followng discussion with Paolo. No longer need
metadata to migrate QTAILQ.
- Extend VMStateInfo instead of adding similar fields to VMStateField.
- Clean up macros in qemu/queue.h.
v2: - Introduce a general approach to migrate QTAILQ in qemu/queue.h.
- Migrate signalled field in the DRC state.
- Put the newly added migrating fields in subsections so that backward
migration is not broken.
- Set detach_cb field right after migration so that a migrated hot-unplug
event could finish its course.
v1: - Inital version.
To make guest device (PCI, CPU and memory) hotplug work together
with guest migration, spapr drc state needs be transmitted in
migration. This patch defines the VMStateDescription struct for
spapr drc state to enable it.
To fix the potential racing between hotplug events on guest and
guest migration, ccs_list and pending_events of spapr state need be
transmitted in migration. This patch also takes care of it.
Jianjun Duan (6):
migration: alternative way to set instance_id in SaveStateEntry
migration: spapr_drc: defined VMStateDescription struct
migration: extend VMStateInfo
migration: migrate QTAILQ
migration: spapr: migrate ccs_list in spapr state
migration: spapr: migrate pending_events of spapr state
hw/net/vmxnet3.c | 18 +++--
hw/nvram/eeprom93xx.c | 6 +-
hw/nvram/fw_cfg.c | 6 +-
hw/pci/msix.c | 6 +-
hw/pci/pci.c | 12 ++--
hw/pci/shpc.c | 5 +-
hw/ppc/spapr.c | 67 ++++++++++++++++++
hw/ppc/spapr_drc.c | 69 +++++++++++++++++++
hw/ppc/spapr_events.c | 22 +++---
hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c | 22 ++++++
hw/scsi/scsi-bus.c | 6 +-
hw/timer/twl92230.c | 6 +-
hw/usb/redirect.c | 18 +++--
hw/virtio/virtio-pci.c | 6 +-
hw/virtio/virtio.c | 6 +-
include/hw/ppc/spapr.h | 3 +-
include/hw/ppc/spapr_drc.h | 9 +++
include/hw/qdev-core.h | 6 ++
include/migration/vmstate.h | 36 ++++++++--
include/qemu/queue.h | 32 +++++++++
migration/savevm.c | 25 +++++--
migration/vmstate.c | 161 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
target-alpha/machine.c | 5 +-
target-arm/machine.c | 12 ++--
target-i386/machine.c | 21 ++++--
target-mips/machine.c | 10 +--
target-ppc/machine.c | 10 +--
target-sparc/machine.c | 5 +-
trace-events | 4 ++
29 files changed, 505 insertions(+), 109 deletions(-)
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 0/6] migration: ensure hotplug and migration work together,
Jianjun Duan <=
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 1/6] migration: alternative way to set instance_id in SaveStateEntry, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 3/6] migration: extend VMStateInfo, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 5/6] migration: spapr: migrate ccs_list in spapr state, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 6/6] migration: spapr: migrate pending_events of spapr state, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 2/6] migration: spapr_drc: defined VMStateDescription struct, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27
- [Qemu-devel] [QEMU PATCH v4 4/6] migration: migrate QTAILQ, Jianjun Duan, 2016/06/27