qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about a qemu Aarch64 error when adding several

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about a qemu Aarch64 error when adding several SCSI disks
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:08:22 +0100

* Kevin Zhao (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi All,
>        Greetings from Linaro. This is Kevin from Linaro, and recently I
> have met a problem of qemu-system-aarch64 when I am working on virt-manager.
>        I have reported a bug here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1594239
>
>        It's mainly bout adding several SCSI disks to Aarch64 guests.
>        If you have a moment, pls kindly give some advice about this.Thanks.

Hi Kevin,
  The assert you've got there really should not happen:

 starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor:
qemu-system-aarch64: /build/qemu-zxCwKP/qemu-2.5+dfsg/migration/savevm.c:620:
vmstate_register_with_alias_id: Assertion `!se->compat || se->instance_id == 0'
failed.

I've only seen that error once before, and that was when the
device had a really long device path (lots and lots of PCI bridges)
but you've not got that.

Can you get a full backtrace from that?
If you can rebuild it and debug then adding some
prints into vmstate_register_with_alias_id should help, in particular
if you can print the name that qdev_get-dev_path returns it would
be good and also the vmsd->name value.

Dave