qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] [PULL 23/28] nbd: always query export list in fix

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Nbd] [PULL 23/28] nbd: always query export list in fixed new style protocol
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 18:36:10 +0100

On 17 May 2016, at 17:56, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:

> That's why I wonder if we need to document a minimum cutoff at which
> clients should assume will always be serviced, and which servers should
> not treat as an attack, and whether it should be larger than 32.

I don't think we need a specific number, but I think a one sentence
statement that servers are in general permitted to disconnect clients
which are behaving in a denial of service attack type manner would be
useful.

Given nbdkit only ever has one export, it seems eminently reasonable
for it to use a lower number.

--
Alex Bligh