qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today?

From: alvise rigo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG Sync-up call today?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:32:28 +0200

Hi Alex,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

We are due to have a sync-up call today but I don't think I'll be able
to make it thanks to a very rough voice courtesy of my
petri-dishes/children. However since the last call:

 * Posted final parts of the MTTCG patch set
 * Lots of reviews

Please welcome Pranith to the group who is participating as a GSoC
student. His project will be looking at the modelling of memory barriers
in MTTCG.

My plan for the next week is look in more detail at the tb_find_fast
lock breaking patch. I had to drop it from the original series due to
regressions but it has a massive effect on performance that means it
needs sorting. I'll probably start re-building a tree with Emilio's QHT
patches included which will allow for lockless lookups in the fast path
and then start re-basing the enabling and ARMv7 patches on top of that.

I'll also do another review pass of Alvise' LL/SC patches but a fresh
pair of eyes on them will be appreciated.

Alvise, how are you doing with the MTTCG version?

I'm working on this, mostly I'm investigating some issues related to the dirty bitmaps' code that lately changed a bit.
Apart from that, the branch is almost ready.

Best regards,
alvise

--
Alex Bennée