qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Persistent Main Memory in QEmu

From: Li, Tianyou
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Persistent Main Memory in QEmu
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 03:50:12 +0000

Hi,

Currently we are trying to implement below functionalities in QEmu: main memory in guest can be logically viewed as persistent and its content can be survived through reboot or shutdown/powerup.

I have looked into the QEmu memory management code include memory.c, exec.c and other related source, unfortunately I do not have the chance to get clue of how to make QEmu main memory persistent. I found that pmemsave could dump physical memory of guest, but I could not find how to restore the dump file before VM startup to execution.

Could anyone provide some hints to me? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tianyou