qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Possible bug: virtio-scsi + iothread (Form

From: Zir Blazer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Possible bug: virtio-scsi + iothread (Former x-data-plane) = "Guest moved index from 0 to 61440" warning
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:59:50 -0300

> On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 07:49:47PM -0300, Zir Blazer wrote:
> > The bare minimum script that produces the warning, should be this:
> > #!/bin/bash
> > qemu-system-x86_64 \-m 1024M \-enable-kvm \-object iothread,id=iothread0 \-device virtio-scsi-pci,iothread=iothread0 \
> > This produces the "Guest moved index from 0 to 61440" warning.

> It does not produce a warning with qemu.git/master. I see the BIOS
> screen.

> Stefan

Sad that you didn't manage to reproduce it. Maybe its fixed on latest QEMU, but to test that I would have to learn how to compile and install it myself (Or wait for the Arch Linux User Repository qemu-git to catch up, otherwise I will have to wait for 2.6).
I would like if someone could confirm if it happens on QEMU 2.5, or I'm the only one affected due to some other misconfiguration issue (Which would be rather rare, since what I'm using is a pretty much a fresh install, an Arch Linux has a mostly vanilla QEMU).

The system DOES POST (SeaBIOS) and boots too, it just merely prints a console warning, not a fatal error. I should have added a Screenshot earlier, to make it more clear about how it looks:

Other things seems to work (Since scsi-cd is attached to one of the affected virtio-scsi-pci)...

Anyways, I will have to wait to test with a newer QEMU version. Thanks for testing it.