qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtio-9p

From: Greg Kurz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtio-9p
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 18:12:27 +0200

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:27:48 +0200
Pradeep Kiruvale <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Greg,

Hi Pradeep,

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Let me put it this way, virtio-blk-pci is used for block IO on the devices
> shared between the guest and the host.

I don't really understand the "devices shared between the guest and the
host" wording... virtio-blk-pci exposes a virtio-blk device through PCI
to the guest. The virtio-blk device can be backed by a file or a block
device from the host.

> Here I want to share the file and have QoS between the guests. So I am
> using the Virtio-9p-pci.

What file ?

> Basically I want to have QoS for virtio-9p-pci.

Can you provide a more detailed scenario on the result you want to reach ?

> Regards,
> Pradeep

Cheers.

--