qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC qemu 0/4] A PV solution for live migration optimiz

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC qemu 0/4] A PV solution for live migration optimization
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 17:24:34 +0100

On 04/03/2016 15:26, Li, Liang Z wrote:

>> > The memory usage will keep increasing due to ever growing caches, etc, so
>> > you'll be left with very little free memory fairly soon.
>> >
> I don't think so.

Roman is right.  For example, here I am looking at a 64 GB (physical)
machine which was booted about 30 minutes ago, and which is running
disk-heavy workloads (installing VMs).

Since I have started writing this email (2 minutes?), the amount of free
memory has already gone down from 37 GB to 33 GB.  I expect that by the
time I have finished running the workload, in two hours, it will not
have any free memory.

Paolo