qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] make distclean can fail do to a configuration check

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] make distclean can fail do to a configuration check
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:49:32 -0500

On 02/14/2016 02:17 AM, Fam Zheng wrote:
> On Wed, 02/10 14:28, John Snow wrote:
>> Stuff like this:
>>
>>> ~/s/q/b/git> make distclean
>>> config-host.mak is out-of-date, running configure
>>>
>>> ERROR: sizeof(size_t) doesn't match GLIB_SIZEOF_SIZE_T.
>>>        You probably need to set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
>>>        to point to the right pkg-config files for your
>>>        build target
>>>
>>> Makefile:35: recipe for target 'config-host.mak' failed
>>> make: *** [config-host.mak] Error 1`
>>
>> is obnoxious. We had patches from Fam to allow some targets to bypass
>> the configuration check, did those die? Did we not want them for some
>> reason?
>
> What are your preceding commands? I have a clean checkout here (git clean
> -dfx)
> and "make distclean" works for me.
>
> Fam

This is due to the new glib-version-detection code that was checked in.
I had a configuration using clang, which does not appear to support the
mechanisms that are being used to tell what version of glib is being
linked against.

Practical upshot is that I can't even clean my clang configuration
because our makefile insists on re-configuring before it tries to clean.

Fam, didn't you have patches to allow e.g. cleans and "make tags" and so
on without re-incurring a full reconfiguration?

--js