qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Integrating a Memory Simulator

From: KONRAD Frederic
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Integrating a Memory Simulator
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 13:15:57 +0100

Hi,

Why do you target the user mode for that?
I think it might be easier with the softmmu.
But depending on what you want to do it won't be so easy.

I don't think there are any transaction to read the code basically the RAM MemoryRegion works with pointer. You can create a MemoryRegion which will just create a transaction and passes that to your model but you won't
be able to execute code from it. So you would need to modify that.
But at the end you won't have the same access like in the real HW because cache are not modelled in QEMU and
it will be really slow :).

Fred