qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory region allocation races

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory region allocation races
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:19:26 +0300

> Thanks, I`ve missed this queue back in time!

JFEI: virtqueue_map allows far easier 'unlimited growth' of the wb
cache with stuck storage backend (seems that the writes got acked for
the guest OS but actually floating in cache at the moment). Have no
stable reproducer yet to put it under valgrind, the observations are
coming from events on a scale. The issue with cache has been there
from very long ago, at least from 1.1 and we are catching its
appearance (unfortunately only when doing delayed OOM job) with RBD
backend for years. Hopefully it would be possible to trigger it more
deterministically with this queue and finally pin it :)