qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] IVSHMEM support on qemu-system-arm

From: sridhar kulkarni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] IVSHMEM support on qemu-system-arm
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:35:39 -0800

We have two applications running on real custom board with custom asic and has two arm cores. Each application runs on different core, and uses shared memory for inter application high bandwidth transferss. The trigger for this RPC mailbox communication where each core can send interrupt to other core to initiate a shared memory IPC.
We are trying to simulate this whole thing on qemu virtual platform by running two vm's. Our goal is to run the whole application as is without any hacks. Application s really shouldn't know if its running on real hardware or virtual platform.
That's the reason I wanted to understand if ivshmem can be used here..