qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] <summary> RE: [iGVT-g] VFIO based vGPU(was Re: [Announc

From: Neo Jia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] <summary> RE: [iGVT-g] VFIO based vGPU(was Re: [Announcement] 2015-Q3 release of XenGT - a Mediated ...)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 00:41:13 -0800

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 08:04:16AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

Hi Kevin,

I think you should be able to map and pin guest memory via the IOMMU API, not
KVM.

> Well, then I realize pretty much opens have been covered with a solution
> when ending this write-up. Then we should move forward to come up a
> prototype upon which we can then identify anything missing or overlooked
> (definitely there would be), and also discuss several remaining opens atop
>  (such as exit-less emulation, pin/unpin, etc.). Another thing we need
> to think is whether this new design is still compatible to Xen side.
>
> Thanks a lot all for the great discussion (especially Alex with many good
> inputs)! I believe it becomes much clearer now than 2 weeks ago, about
> how to integrate KVMGT with VFIO. :-)

It is great to see you guys are onboard with VFIO solution! As Kirti has
mentioned in other threads, let's review the current registration APIs and
figure out what we need to add for both solutions.

Thanks,
Neo