qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu-system-arm: cortex-m gdb registers

From: Christopher Friedt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu-system-arm: cortex-m gdb registers
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:18:13 -0500

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> IIRC last time I played with this when adding aarch64 system registers
> for debugging is the number is irrelevant to gdb, its all dependant on
> what the stub sends. As long as the coprocessor get/set functions agree
> on the order with the xml everything should be fine.

That's right - the question isn't really how get the two to
communicate, but really which registers numbers to choose and how to
choose them in such a way that it doesn't make anyone angry :-)

And Peter is likely right that we should ask the gdb folks input -
Peter, do you have someone particular in mind?