qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 33/44] block: New option to define the intervals

From: Alberto Garcia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 33/44] block: New option to define the intervals for collecting I/O statistics
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:10:21 +0100

On Tue 10 Nov 2015 06:23:36 PM CET, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:

>> +# @stats-intervals: #optional colon-separated list of intervals for
>> +#                   collecting I/O statistics, in seconds (default: none)
>> +#                   (Since 2.5)
>
> Eww. Sorry for not noticing this sooner, but can we please fix this to
>be:
>
> '*stats-intervals':['int']

No problem, I'll send a follow-up patch asap.

I was actually expecting that there would be some debate about this; in
the series description I mentioned that I considered an alternate API,
although rather than ['int'] it was ['BlockdevStatsInterval'], with
BlockdevStatsInterval being a struct with a sole member 'length': 'int'.

      stats-intervals.0.length=60,
      stats-intervals.1.length=3600,
      stats-intervals.2.length=86400

It's more future proof than just having a list of integers, but I
honestly don't know if there's any use case for additional parameters of
the intervals.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-block/2015-10/msg01068.html

Berto