qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 07/19] qtest/ahci: Add migration test

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 07/19] qtest/ahci: Add migration test
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:26:28 +0000

On 22 May 2015 at 20:59, John Snow <address@hidden> wrote:
> Notes:
>
>  * The migration is performed on QOSState objects.
>
>  * The migration is performed in such a way that it does not assume
>    consistency between the allocators attached to each. That is to say,
>    you can use each QOSState object completely independently and then at
>    an arbitrary point decide to migrate, and the destination object will
>    now be consistent with the memory within the source guest. The source
>    object that was migrated from will have a completely blank allocator.

> +static void test_migrate_sanity(void)
> +{
> +    AHCIQState *src, *dst;
> +    const char *uri = "tcp:127.0.0.1:1234";

Hi. I've just noticed that these migration tests are hardcoded
to port 1234. The reason I noticed is that this is also the default
port used for the gdbstub if you use QEMU's "-s" argument, so
a 'make check' running in a completely different QEMU tree failed
because I happened to be running a QEMU with the gdbstub at the
same time.

Could we at least switch to a different port number, please?
(Ideally we would want to be able to pick a port such that
you could do 'make check' in two different qemu trees without
them interfering with each other, but that's harder.)

thanks
-- PMM