qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 4k seq read splitting for virtio-blk - possible workaro

From: Andrey Korolyov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 4k seq read splitting for virtio-blk - possible workarounds?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 23:04:29 +0300

> BTW it seems that I made a little stronger claim than it is actually -
> at least 3.18 works fine in all cases, so the issue was fixed a bit
> earlier than in 4.2.

Ok, it turns out that the fix was brought by

commit 447f05bb488bff4282088259b04f47f0f9f76760
Author: Akinobu Mita <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Oct 9 15:26:58 2014 -0700

    block_dev: implement readpages() to optimize sequential read

This patch looks like a perfect candidate for affected stable queues,
though actually it could be called 'a collateral fix'. Any objections
against pinging stable/distro maintainers or better drop-in
replacements are very welcomed.

Thanks!