qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 14:39:35 +0300

 Hello!

 I would like to clarify, what is the exact live migration sequence in qemu?

 I mean - there are pre_save and post_load callbacks for VMState structures. Is
there any determined
order of calling them related to memory contents migration? In other words, is
there any guarantee
that pre_save is called before RAM migrates, and post_load is called after RAM
migrates?
 The answer to this question is important for developing vITS live migration,
where i have to dump
internal ITS state into in-memory tables before the migration starts, and then
get it back in cache
on destination.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia