qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Minutes of QEMU Summit 2015 (2015-08-18, Seattle)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Minutes of QEMU Summit 2015 (2015-08-18, Seattle)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 16:49:06 +0100

On 6 September 2015 at 03:11, Fam Zheng <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 09/04 13:41, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> IIUC, it is x86 only, but even if it can't do everything QEMU
>> needs, it might be a useful service to take advantage of for
>> some parts of QEMU CI.
>
> Good to know! Yes, eventually QEMU might need more than one Jenkins instances
> to cover different hosts, x86 should be a good start. I'll keep an eye on.

My view is that actually the non-x86 is more important.
If I had a choice of "CI for x86 only" and "CI for everything
except x86" I'd take the latter. Most developers test the
x86 code in the normal course of writing patches, and
submaintainers test it while submitting pull requests.
It's the other hosts that lack testing and would benefit
from the safety net provided by CI to catch problems
in a more timely manner.

thanks
-- PMM