qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/20] SCSI, build, TCG, RCU, misc patches for

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/20] SCSI, build, TCG, RCU, misc patches for 2015-08-12
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:26:51 +0100

On 14 August 2015 at 15:21, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 14/08/2015 15:53, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Hi; I'm afraid this failed to build on my w32 config:
>>
>> /home/petmay01/linaro/qemu-for-merges/block/dmg.c:1: warning: -fPIC
>> ignored for target (all code is position independent)
>>
>> (I have warnings-are-errors enabled.)
>
> This is a very weird warning, also warnings-are-errors does not build
> for me with Win32.

I agree it's a bit weird, but there it is. Even if we don't
have warnings-as-errors we don't want a warning line for
every .c-to-.o compilation...

I think some mingw setups still emit warnings, but I've
been able to get to the point with the setup I use for
build tests where I can build with -Werror in the --extra-cflags
string.

-- PMM