qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [POC] colo-proxy in qemu

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [POC] colo-proxy in qemu
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:33:32 +0100

* Jason Wang (address@hidden) wrote:

> On 07/27/2015 01:51 PM, Yang Hongyang wrote:

> >> Yes, I mean implement the comparing in userspace but not in qemu.
> >
> > Yes, it is an alternative, that requires other components such as
> > netfilter userspace tools, it will add the complexity I think, we
> > wanted to implement a simple solution in QEMU.
>
> I didn't get the point that why netfilter is needed? Do you mean the
> packet comparing needs to be stateful?

The current kernel world does a few things that take advantage
of the netfilter code:
   1) It's stateful hanging state off conntrack
   2) It modifies sequence numbers off the secondary to match what the
      primary did when it created the stream.
   3) Comparison is on a per-stream basis so that the order of unrelated
      packets doesn't cause a miscompare.

Dave