qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] vSMMU initialization

From: Will Deacon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] vSMMU initialization
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:37:58 +0100

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 06:28:54PM +0100, Varun Sethi wrote:

> > drivers.
> > SMMU.

> > > How do you see the context fault reporting work for the PV interface?
> >
> > We could have an interrupt, for the PV IOMMU and have the hypervisor
> > inject that, no?
> >
> Can you please elaborate on the PV IOMMU interface. I want to understand
> how context fault information would be communicated to the guest.

I replied to this the other day!

My assumption is that we'd have an irq and some memory region to describe
the fault in as general a way as possible. Whether that memory region
looks like MMIO registers or something like a virtio ring buffer is an
implementation detail to be resolved by prototyping.

Will