qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Asking about QEMU's process in memory address space of host

From: Piyawath Boukom
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Asking about QEMU's process in memory address space of host
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 20:14:14 +0900

Dear peoples in mailing-list,

My name is Piyawath Boukom, I’m a student from Tokyo Tech.
I hope you can enlighten me about this.

Below are things that those I would like to perform.

- I want to identify where guest kernel lives in QEMU’s process on host
machine, is it possible to find a set of logical address space of guest kernel
on host machine ? (which part of memory space is being used by guest kernel)

- If I can specify where QEMU’s process lives in host memory address space then
I know where stack, heap, data, text, etc. of QEMU live. So, can I determine
where guest machine’s physical memory lives ? (in host logical address)

- If above are possible to do, can I write those things into a file ? (ex. data
in guest machine’s memory, binary data, etc.)

*Host and guest are Linux.

Any comments are very welcome.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Piyawath Boukom