qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trace memory access in guest VM?

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trace memory access in guest VM?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 17:47:09 +0800

Hello,

I am trying to monitor all the memory accesses inside the guest VM running on Qemu. I know this is heavy, but this is only the first step of my experiments.

To do this, I look at the sample trace in "trace-events" and wondering: is it possible to trace all the memory access (read/write) in the guest VM with available "memory_region_ops_read" & "memory_region_ops_write" events?

I am looking very close to the docs, but there is no information on these events.

If these events are not useful for my task, any suggestions on where to put the trace?

Thanks a lot,
Jun