qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] reset strategy?

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] reset strategy?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:19:44 +0300

I migrated most of the qdev_* calls to object_* and device_* calls.

however, after I switched from qdev_create() to object_new(), I noticed that
without the sysbus, there is no automated mechanism to reset the peripherals
attached to the mcu.

my solution was to manually propagate the reset to all children devices (via
device_reset()).

is this the planned reset strategy in a non-qdev environment? I read something
about using interfaces for implementing buses, but I think that for propagating
resets inside the cortex-m mcu's the additional complexity introduced by buses
is not required.

regards,

Liviu