qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to build qga-vss.dll?

From: Tomoki Sekiyama
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to build qga-vss.dll?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:03:07 +0000

Hi Markus,

The steps to build qga-vss.dll are:

 - Install some MinGW library packages: When I tested in fedora22,
   I need mingw32-winpthreads-static package in addition to
   packages on the qemu wiki page: http://wiki.qemu.org/Hosts/W32

 - Download Microsoft VSS SDK from:
   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23490

 - Extract the SDK
   scripts/extract-vsssdk-headers setup.exe (on POSIX-systems)
   -> extracted into "inc" directory

 - Specify installed SDK directory to configure option as:
   ./configure --cross-prefix=i686-w64-mingw32- \
               --with-vss-sdk=inc

 - make qemu-ga.exe qga/vss-win32/qga-vss.{dll,tlb}

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Tomoki