qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:04:49 +0300

> On 08 Jun 2015, at 13:56, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... Is this verbosity also the thing printing the line with all
> the escape characters in it?

no, after some more debugging I identified the place where these chars are
displayed: in the readline.c file:

/* update the displayed command line */
static void readline_update(ReadLineState *rs)
{
    int i, delta, len;

    if (rs->cmd_buf_size != rs->last_cmd_buf_size ||
        memcmp(rs->cmd_buf, rs->last_cmd_buf, rs->cmd_buf_size) != 0) {
        for(i = 0; i < rs->last_cmd_buf_index; i++) {
            rs->printf_func(rs->opaque, "\033[D");
        }
}

I could not find a configuration to disable this, so I completely removed the
content of this function and the Eclipse console is now free of funny chars.

as I said, probably the qemu readline implementation assumes all consoles in
the world are vt100 terminals, which is obviously too optimistic, a notable
exception being exactly the Eclipse console.

regards,

Liviu