qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Monitor QMP is broken ?

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Monitor QMP is broken ?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:58:46 +0300

 Hello!

>  I have updated my qemu to the recent version and it seems to have lost
> compatibility
with
> libvirt. The error message is:
> --- cut ---
> internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'qmp_capabilities': QMP input
> object
> member
> 'id' is unexpected
> --- cut ---
>  What does it mean? Is it intentional or not?

 I have found the problem. It is caused by commit
65207c59d99f2260c5f1d3b9c491146616a522aa. libvirt does not seem to use the
removed
asynchronous interface but it still feeds in JSONs with 'id' field set to
something. So i
think the related fragment in qmp_check_input_obj() function should be brought
back

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia