qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Assertion failed when I reduced HW support

From: Марк Коренберг
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Assertion failed when I reduced HW support
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 14:29:37 +0500

I'm trying to reduce qemu as much as possible, so I decide to cut off
some hardware support, i.e. bluetooth, audio, USB and so on.

After some time, compilation succeeded, but when I run qemu --help,
assertion failed.

$ i386-softmmu/qemu-system-i386 --help
**
ERROR:qom/object.c:165:type_get_parent: assertion failed:
(type->parent_type != NULL)

See my commits: https://github.com/socketpair/qemu/commits/assertion

You can reproduce that if compile qemu with my patches.

Does somebody know how to fix that? I have compiled with debug + run
qemu under gdb, but do not understand what is happening.

--
Segmentation fault