qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What's the difference between "ld/st" and "qemu_ld/st"

From: 浩倫 魏
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What's the difference between "ld/st" and "qemu_ld/st" in TCG IR?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 00:10:58 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Richard:

Now I get it, thanks for the help! :-)

Richard Henderson <address@hidden> 於 2015/5/24 (週日) 6:21 AM 寫道﹕

On 05/23/2015 05:26 AM, 浩倫 魏 wrote:
> So there are some points that I hope you can help me out:
> 1. Is every guest load/store instruction would be translated to qemu_ld/st IR?

Yes.

> 2. What about another TCG IR "ld/st"? What kind of guest instructions would
> cause TCG generates that IRs and for what purpose?

For instance, vector instructions are often implemented without TCG
temporaries, but instead using ld/st to load the data from the ENV pointer
directly.  You can see that in the ARM and i386 targets.

Otherwise, there are sometimes less-used system values that do not warrent a
TCG temporary.  You can see that in the alpha target.

r~