qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] Can we convert UTC time to local time in Qemu

From: Gonglei (Arei)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Can we convert UTC time to local time in Qemu
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 06:29:55 +0000

Hi,

At present, Qemu use g_time_val_to_iso8601() to get the UTC added to
error_report()
(commit 5e2ac5191), TBH this way is very simply, we just need invoke standard
glib functions to
complete the job.

But in the cloud computing and data center scenarios, there are many
Other open source components, such as kernel, libvirt, openstack which are all
using local time
to record the message logs, only Qemu is using the UTC time. When we want to
find a error
message of Qemu, we should convert the UTC time to local time manually, and
unfortunately
different countries have different local time, what a trouble thing the
converting is.

So, my question is: Can we convert the UTC time to local time in Qemu?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
-Gonglei