qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 13:45:26 +0100

On 7 May 2015 at 12:50, Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi again
>
> For v2
>
> - fix 32bit compilation (as said, compiling for 64bit linux, 64bit
>   windows and 32bit windows was not enough)
>
> - Now, we have versions 2.4 everywhere (thanks Eric)
>
> - Liang Li sent a new patch to the list to fix the update of a migration
> parameter, included.
>
> Please apply, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Fails to build on win32:

  LINK  arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm.exe
arch_init.o: In function `do_compress_ram_page':
/home/petmay01/linaro/qemu-for-merges/arch_init.c:879: undefined
reference to `___sync_fetch_and_add_8'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It's not valid to try to do atomic operations on a type
that's larger than the native pointer type. (This will also
cause compile issues on ppc32.) Unfortunately we don't
currently have a way to make this a compile failure on
normal 32-bit x86 setups...

thanks
-- PMM