qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img convert (vmdk)

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img convert (vmdk)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 20:02:20 +0800

On Wed, 05/06 10:15, Antoni Villalonga wrote:

> Hi again, it seems to be related to the subformat option. With the default
> option seems to work fine.
>
> I think StreamOptimized is mantatory for 'ova' files.

I guess I see the problem now - the data is corrupted due to a wrong cluster
allocation during converting to streamOptimized. I'm testing a patch locally.

However there is another problem with streamOptimized which makes it refused in
exporting to VMware application. See also:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg00467.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-03/msg00024.html

Fam