qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for 64 bit mingw compilation

From: Olga Krishtal
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for 64 bit mingw compilation
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 11:33:07 +0300

On 11/03/15 17:51, Joseph Hindin wrote:
Hi

    When compiling the QEMU Guest Agent with 64-bit MinGW toolchain version
4.9.2, I run into the following problem: qga-vss.dll linking failed as
linker reported a lot of unresolved symbol __stack_chk_fail errors stemming
from the stack protection. The attached patch solves the problem by adding
libssp to the qga-vss.dll libraries list.

    Regards,
       Joseph Hindin

Are you sure that it is necessary?
I worked with VSS-provider in order to check it on 64 bit platform (Win Server 2008) , and I did not have such
problems.