qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-ga and logging domain

From: David Gibson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-ga and logging domain
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 11:29:23 +1000

Michael,

I was just looking at some of the logging stuff in qemu-ga, and it
seems to be doing something very odd with the "domain".

static void ga_log(const gchar *domain, GLogLevelFlags level,
                   const gchar *msg, gpointer opaque)
{
    GAState *s = opaque;
    GTimeVal time;
    const char *level_str = ga_log_level_str(level);

    if (!ga_logging_enabled(s)) {
        return;
    }

    level &= G_LOG_LEVEL_MASK;
#ifndef _WIN32
    if (domain && strcmp(domain, "syslog") == 0) {
        syslog(LOG_INFO, "%s: %s", level_str, msg);
    } else if (level & s->log_level) {
#else
    if (level & s->log_level) {
#endif
        g_get_current_time(&time);
        fprintf(s->log_file,
                "%lu.%lu: %s: %s\n", time.tv_sec, time.tv_usec, level_str, msg);
        fflush(s->log_file);
    }
}

This is sending messages to syslog instead of a logfile if domain is
set to "syslog".  But the log domain is usually about where the
messages came from, not where they're going.

What's up with this?

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson