qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] make test fails on Mac OS X

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] make test fails on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 22:25:45 +0200

Am 11.04.2015 um 17:52 schrieb Peter Maydell:
> On 11 April 2015 at 16:46, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Mac OS X, executing qemu-i386 (as opposed to qemu-system-i386) won't
>> work though, as darwin-user is no longer available.
>>
>> Also, the Makefile seems to assume that it's running on x86.
>
> Yes, it has all sorts of problems. We should probably
> salvage any of the tests that are actually useful and
> move them into 'make check', and get rid of 'make test'
> as a target entirely.

For now I just sent out a series fixing the fallout.

Similar in spirit to some of those tests, I had been thinking about
testing linux-user by running host binaries, comparing native and
emulated output. make check only covers the softmmus today.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)