[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu c
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu cmdline
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:43:36 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.5.0
On 03/18/15 21:06, Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:49:50PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Which reminds me: Going for QemuOpts would be very useful (gives
>> -readconfig support), and it would solve the init order issue too.
>> Instead of having your custom storage you just let QemuOpts parse and
>> store the command line switch, then process them after fw_cfg device
> So basically, you're saying "don't process 'opts' here with qemu_opt_get(),
> just stash them as is, then process them later" ? (e.g. during
> fw_cfg_options_insert() below) ?
> Is there an existing example where that's currently done that I use
> for inspiration?
> Laszlo's suggestion was almost the opposite of this, i.e. allocate
> memory for all the blobs during option processing, them just call
> fw_cfg_add_file() during fw_cfg_options_insert().
I was wrong, simply. :) I forgot about -readconfig completely.
(I do recall that I had been annoyed earlier by some option not working
as expected with -readconfig; perhaps -smp? Not sure.)
You should always take my qemu reviews with a grain of salt. They're
mostly good for pulling in reviewers who know what they're doing. ;)
I reviewed your v1 quickly for two reasons:
- I didn't want you to regress fw_cfg accidentally, especially code I
wrote, or code UEFI depends on.
- I'm a nice person (lol) and wanted to get the review gears rolling
for you (see above).
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 6/6] qga: RFC: guest-side retrieval of fw_cfg file, Gabriel L. Somlo, 2015/03/16
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH 3/6] fw_cfg: assertion to detect memory leak when adding new data blob, Gabriel L. Somlo, 2015/03/16
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/6] fw_cfg: add documentation file (docs/specs/fw_cfg.txt), (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 4/6] fw_cfg: exit with error when dupe fw_cfg file name inserted, Gabriel L. Somlo, 2015/03/16
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu cmdline, Gabriel L. Somlo, 2015/03/16
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu cmdline, Gabriel L. Somlo, 2015/03/18
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu cmdline, Gerd Hoffmann, 2015/03/19
- [Qemu-devel] How to emit errors with nice location information (was: [PATCH 5/6] fw_cfg: insert fw_cfg file blobs via qemu cmdline), Markus Armbruster, 2015/03/19