[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 00/24] hw/pc: implement multiple primary
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 00/24] hw/pc: implement multiple primary busses for pc machines
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 16:54:58 +0200
- Sorry for the late submission, I was waiting for dynamic ACPI series to get
in order to submit - my bad.
- The prev version (v2) was wrongfully tagged by me as RFC, it was actually
ready but not
rebased. V3 only rebases with no actual functionality changed.
- This series is not that big, patches 1-8 are really small and can be
separately, however I preferred to keep them here to get the whole picture.
The series is fully functional.
- Pxb's bus does not support hotplug. It will be addressed on top of this
because is already getting to big.
- Depends on:
- [SeaBIOS] [PATCH V3 0/2] fw/pci: better support for multiple host bridges
- It was already reviewed/accepted by the maintainers, it will be merged
after this series gets accepted.
- You are more than welcome to try using:
-device pxb-device,id=pxb,bus_nr=4,numa_node=1 -device
e1000,bus=pxb,addr=0x1 -bios <patched with the above series>
- Rebased on Michael S. Tsirkin's pci branch (that includes now all the
- Refactored acpi terms patch into multiple patches to match Igor's design.
- Add support for multiple pxb devices.
- Attach pxb's bus to specific NUMA node.
- Got rid of the hacks from prev version.
- Tested also for Win7 and Fedora 20, and for virtio blk devices.
- Several bug-fixes resulting in a stable version ready for submission.
We need multiple primary busess for a few reasons, the most important one
is to be able to associate a pass-trough device with a guest NUMA node.
The OS-es are able to associate a NUMA node only to a primary bus, not to
a specific PCI device or a pci-2-pci bridge.
PC machines support multiple NUMA nodes for CPUs and memory, however the IO
was not yet supported.
patch 1-8 adds the necessary acpi constructs based on Igor's series
patch 9-12 implements acpi code needed to expose the pxb's primary bus to guests
patch 13 separates the pci_bus code into a designated file
patch 14-18 handles the implicit assumptions in code that only one primary bus
patch 19 handles the actual implementation of the PXB devices
patch 20-21 enables the device
patch 22 implements PXB map_irq function, (can be squashed into the actual PXB)
patch 23-24 adds NUMA support
Marcel Apfelbaum (24):
acpi: add aml_or() term
acpi: add aml_add() term
acpi: add aml_lless() term
acpi: add aml_index() term
acpi: add aml_shiftleft() term
acpi: add aml_shiftright() term
acpi: add aml_increment() term
acpi: add aml_while() term
hw/acpi: add support for multiple root busses
hw/apci: add _PRT method for extra PCI root busses
hw/acpi: add _CRS method for extra root busses
hw/acpi: remove from root bus 0 the crs resources used by other busses.
hw/pci: move pci bus related code to separate files
hw/pci: made pci_bus_is_root a PCIBusClass method
hw/pci: made pci_bus_num a PCIBusClass method
hw/pci: introduce TYPE_PCI_MAIN_HOST_BRIDGE interface
hw/pci: removed 'rootbus nr is 0' assumption from qmp_pci_query
hw/pci: implement iteration over multiple host bridges
hw/pci: introduce PCI Expander Bridge (PXB)
hw/pci: inform bios if the system has more than one pci bridge
hw/pci: piix - suport multiple host bridges
hw/pxb: add map_irq func
hw/pci_bus: add support for NUMA nodes
hw/pxb: add numa_node parameter
arch_init.c | 1 +
hw/acpi/aml-build.c | 75 ++++++
hw/alpha/typhoon.c | 1 +
hw/i386/acpi-build.c | 360 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-
hw/i386/kvm/pci-assign.c | 1 +
hw/i386/pc.c | 13 +
hw/mips/gt64xxx_pci.c | 1 +
hw/pci-bridge/Makefile.objs | 1 +
hw/pci-bridge/pci_expander_bridge.c | 208 +++++++++++++++
hw/pci-host/bonito.c | 1 +
hw/pci-host/grackle.c | 1 +
hw/pci-host/piix.c | 63 ++++-
hw/pci-host/ppce500.c | 1 +
hw/pci-host/q35.c | 5 +
hw/pci-host/uninorth.c | 1 +
hw/pci/Makefile.objs | 2 +-
hw/pci/pci.c | 501 +---------------------------------
hw/pci/pci_bus.c | 517 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hw/pci/pci_host.c | 6 +
hw/ppc/ppc4xx_pci.c | 1 +
hw/scsi/megasas.c | 1 +
hw/sh4/r2d.c | 1 +
hw/sh4/sh_pci.c | 1 +
hw/vfio/pci.c | 1 +
hw/xen/xen_pt.c | 1 +
include/hw/acpi/aml-build.h | 8 +
include/hw/pci/pci.h | 6 +-
include/hw/pci/pci_bus.h | 35 +++
include/hw/pci/pci_host.h | 11 +
include/sysemu/sysemu.h | 1 +
30 files changed, 1317 insertions(+), 509 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 hw/pci-bridge/pci_expander_bridge.c
create mode 100644 hw/pci/pci_bus.c
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 00/24] hw/pc: implement multiple primary busses for pc machines,
Marcel Apfelbaum <=
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 01/24] acpi: add aml_or() term, Marcel Apfelbaum, 2015/03/05
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 04/24] acpi: add aml_index() term, Marcel Apfelbaum, 2015/03/05
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 03/24] acpi: add aml_lless() term, Marcel Apfelbaum, 2015/03/05
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 02/24] acpi: add aml_add() term, Marcel Apfelbaum, 2015/03/05
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 for-2.3 05/24] acpi: add aml_shiftleft() term, Marcel Apfelbaum, 2015/03/05