qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] global_mutex and multithread.

From: Frederic Konrad
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] global_mutex and multithread.
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:27:25 +0100

On 15/01/2015 13:56, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

On 15/01/2015 13:51, Frederic Konrad wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

As I understand the idea of Jan is to unlock the global_mutex during tcg
execution.
Is that right?
So that means it's currently not the case and we won't be able to run
two TCG
threads at the same time?
Yes.

About the RCU, is there a lot of device which change the memory map?
All PCI devices (when you program their BARs), but apart from that not
much.  As a first approximation, the patches on github which use
CPU_INTERRUPT_TLBFLUSH should work even for multiple TCG threads.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

Fred

PS: Any idea why listserver is dropped from listserver.greensocs.com?

I'll clean them up a bit further so that CPU_INTERRUPT_TLBFLUSH is used
for CPUs other than the running one; the running CPU instead uses
tlb_flush directly.

If anyone can sum up how cpu_resume_from_signal works, that would also
be helpful.

Paolo