qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Please update Pixman submodule

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Please update Pixman submodule
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:36:12 +0000

On 11 January 2015 at 19:44, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2015, at 1:40 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Personally I build with the OSX pixman, which I think is provided
>> as part of XQuartz these days. I did a test build without the system
>> pixman, though, and it does indeed fail:
>
> How do you use the OS X's pixman with QEMU?

Configure will automatically select it if the pkg-config
you're using knows about it. For me, that happens because
fink's pkg-config is configured to look for pkg-config files
in /opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig, and there's a pixman-1.pc file
there which describes the pixman in /opt/X11. So:

 $ pkg-config --libs pixman-1
 -L/opt/X11/lib -lpixman-1

At least, I think that the /opt/X11/lib/ pixman comes from
XQuartz...

-- PMM