qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Please update Pixman submodule

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Please update Pixman submodule
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:40:36 +0000

On 11 January 2015 at 18:23, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:
> The Pixman version that installs with this command has issues:
> (2) Fetch the pixman submodule, using:
>              git submodule update --init pixman
>
> It does not compile on Mac OS X. The newest version from here does compile:
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/pixman
>
> It would help a lot if someone could update the submodule.
>
> Couldn't find the person to go to for Pixman in the MAINTAINERS file, that
> is why I am asking here.

Personally I build with the OSX pixman, which I think is provided
as part of XQuartz these days. I did a test build without the system
pixman, though, and it does indeed fail:

[...]
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in pixman
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `pixman-combine.h.template',
needed by `pixman-combine32.h'.  Stop.

Unfortunately the pixman version we're currently synced with (0.32.6)
is the most recent upstream pixman release as far as I can tell, so
I'm not sure we can really update the submodule.

-- PMM