qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] More structured migration URIs?

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: [Qemu-devel] More structured migration URIs?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 12:14:25 +0000

Hi,
  I keep thinking of things where it might make sense to add
options onto the migration URIs and wondered if it makes
sense to restructure the migration URIs; my proposal would be:

  a) Restructure tcp:hhhh:pppp into   protocol=tcp,host=hhhh,port=pppp
  b) Have a requirement that protocol= is the first entry in the list
  c) If it doesn't start protocol= then it's the old format.
  d) This would also change in the 'migrate' command to keep it symmetric

Eric/Daniel does this make sense for libvirt?

My current set of things I might want to add are:
  1) A flag saying if a return channel is needed
     For sockets qemu can open this afterwards when needed, but Dave Gibson's
     review of my postcopy world pointed out that it might not be that
     easy for all protocols to open the reverse later.
  2) Flags for opening multiple sockets/FDs - e.g. to pass the pages down
     a separate fd.

Thoughts?

Dave