qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qcow2 problem in CentOS

From: Halsey Pian
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 problem in CentOS
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 18:32:26 +0800

Hi All,

QCOW2 feature included in Qemu-2.1.2 version works fine in Fedora, but there is issue in CentOS 6.5/7.

We can create a qcow2 img file using qemu-img in CentOS

>  qemu-img create –f qcow2 test.qcow2 10G

Then using qemu-system-x86_64 or virt-manager to install one VM to this file test.qcow2 created above, the disk size is not 10G but only basic about 200K.

Are there similar issues in CentOS? Or maybe something I missed. Could you give help on it? Thanks!

Best Regards

Halsey Pian