qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] guest sync and bdrv_co_flush

From: lihuiba
Subject: [Qemu-devel] guest sync and bdrv_co_flush
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:39:25 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all

I'm a user of qemu/kvm, and I'm wondering some internals of qemu/kvm, so I'd better post it in
this developer's mailing list.

To be specific, I'm wondering how data is flushed to disk. Intuitively, when the guest issues a
SYNCHRONIZE CACHE command in the SCSI layer, qemu/kvm should call bdrv_co_flush(),
which will eventually call the block driver's bdrv_co_flush_to_os() and bdrv_co_flush_to_disk().

But from simple grep-ing, I didn't find any calling to bdrv_co_flush() is responsible for SYNCHRONIZE
CACHE. So, can you tell me how qemu/kvm ensures guest data be written on persistent storage?

Thank you, very much!