qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:17:01 +0200

On 28 Oct 2014, at 19:08, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

>> once the core Cortex-M emulation is fully functional, it should be
>> easier to add support for specific devices, by configuring some of
>> the parameters (flash/ram, add some peripherals, etc).
>
> QEMU doesn't conveniently support runtime flexible specification
> of what is present in an emulated board (beyond very basic things
> like "how much RAM"). What the .c file in the QEMU sources defines
> is what you get.

the CMSIS packs and especially the SVD files (my GNU ARM Eclipse J-link plug-in
uses the SVD files available in CMSIS packs to examine/modify the peripheral
registers) contain quite detailed descriptions of the actual hardware, it would
be great if the emulator could make use of interesting entries, like memory
map, and, at least partially, support any existing device.

but I guess this is way beyond the scope of this project.

regards,

Liviu